2nd International Brain Stimulation Conference
5 - 8 March 2017 | NH Hesperia Towers, Barcelona, Spain
Brain stimulation methods are rapidly transforming research into how the brain works and are developing into new ways to treat disease. In many ways, the field of brain stimulation is a new paradigm shift, augmenting and sometimes replacing the prominent psychopharmacological paradigm of the past three decades.
Currently, there are single theme meetings around the world that are either technique or profession based or that limit the science in other ways. This second international meeting, organized by Elsevier and sponsored by and integrated with the journal Brain Stimulation, will build on the first meeting held in Singapore in 2015. This will thus be the 2nd International Brain Stimulation meeting with forced integration of all the various groups involved in this exciting field.
This meeting will follow the successful multidisciplinary broad approach of the first meeting. Basic scientists will attend lectures by engineers and psychiatrists. Cognitive neuroscientists will mingle with neurosurgeons and brain modelling physicists. This fertile cross-disciplinary meeting will provide discussion of the science that is driving advances in the field.
Topics will include:
- Animal models
- Combining brain stimulation methods with brain imaging
- Computer modeling of brain stimulation methods
- Electroconvulsive therapy (ECT)
- Deep brain stimulation
- Low-field magnetic stimulation (LFMS)
- Plasticity of the nervous system
- Transcranial alternating current stimulation (tACS)
- Transcranial direct current stimulation (tDCS)
- Transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS)
- Transcranial pulsed ultrasound
- Vagus nerve stimulation
- Novel neuromodulation techniques
- Clinical neurological applications
- Clinical psychiatric applications
- Cognitive neuroscience
- Basic neuroscience
WARNING - SCAM ALERT: Exhibitor Housing Services (EHS) & Exhibitor Housing Management (EHM) Read more here!
Conference hashtag #BrainStimConf